Request Graduation on ACORN
Once the deadline has passed, you will no longer be able to make changes online. Missing a deadline date may result in a late fee of $80.
|Request or cancel graduation||
November 14, 2016 -
February 13, 2017
|Deadline to pay all outstanding debts||March 16, 2017||TBA|
|Request a name change for your diploma||March 16, 2017||TBA|
Your eligibility to graduate will be assessed using your current courses on the assumption that you will be successful in them and will meet your program and degree requirements. Apply for graduation by the deadline dates listed above. Do not wait until your final grades are available at the end of the semester to request your graduation on ACORN.
- Login to ACORN. Select "Graduation & Convocation" under the Academics menu.
- Confirm the degree you wish to graduate with. If you wish to graduate with a different degree than the one specified on ACORN, you must request a Degree POSt change through eService. After you receive an email confirming your Degree POSt change, wait 24 hours and then submit your request to graduate on ACORN.
- Verify your name on ACORN, as this is how it will appear on your diploma. If needed, submit the Name Change Request form along with the required supporting documentation as listed on the form. You may submit it to the Registrar's Office before the deadline.
- Update your email, phone number, and mailing address on ACORN. We use the information you provide to update you on your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure that your information is current, and up to date.
- Pay all outstanding debts by the deadline date.
- Expect assessment emails regarding the status of each of your program(s) and your degree requirements. This will notify you whether each program(s) and overall degree requirements are pending, complete, or incomplete. If you are deemed ineligible to graduate, your request will be automatically cancelled, and you will be notified via email.
- Expect a verification email from the U of T Office of Convocation by early April for June convocation or early October for November convocation. You will simply be asked to verify and confirm your information, including the degree you have applied for. This is not a confirmation that you have met the all the requirements.
- Expect final confirmation letter from the Office of the Vice-President & Principal in late May for June convocation, and late October for November convocation.
Missed the Deadline?
There may be an $80 fee to make any changes once the deadline has passed.
- Request graduation after the deadline via email. Late requests will be considered only with extenuating circumstances.
- Cancel your graduation request after the deadline via email.
- Name changes received after the deadline cannot be processed until after the ceremony (no exceptions). A replacement diploma must be ordered through the Office of Convocation after your name change request has been completed.
Policy on Debt to the University
All outstanding debts must be paid in full to the University by the deadline (above) in order to receive your diploma at the Convocation ceremony. Students who have outstanding debts will have their request for graduation honoured, and will be eligible to attend the ceremony if they have met all of the degree and program requirements. However, your diploma will not be presented to you at Convocation, and will only be released once your balance has been cleared. Instead, you will receive the same envelope as everyone else with instructions on how to receive your diploma once you have cleared your outstanding debt.
The University of Toronto Scarborough will not release or confirm any of the following information to students in debt to the University: transcripts, diplomas, confirmation of enrolment; written certification of degree and program completion; and further studies are denied, including re-enrolments.