UTSC is the only U of T campus that offers formal Co-op programs in the arts, sciences and management. Leaders in Co-op education for 40 years, our Co-op programs give you on-the-job learning within full-time, salaried work terms in industries, organizations and businesses relevant to your field of study. Management Co-op programs let you spend 3 semesters in professional workplaces at a wide range of reputable employers.
Co-operative education is an excellent way to:
- explore the many functional areas of business to help determine the career that best fits your skills and interests.
- determine which industry is of greatest interest to you.
- gain valued work experience before graduating.
- learn how to secure the work you want when you want it.
- learn what it takes to be promoted and succeed in the work place.
- leverage the internationally recognized U of T name and network when job searching.
- be part of an extensive business alumni network.
- earn a higher salary upon graduation (a 2012 HECQO study demonstrated that co-op students make an 11% higher salary than non co-op graduates).
- fund your university education (Management co-op students typically make $30,000-$36,000 from their 3 work terms).