This 4-week program is hosted by the Institut de Touraine, which is affiliated with the Université Francois Rabelais de Tours. The Institut has been teaching French language and culture studies since 1912; currently, students from over 80 countries attend every summer. The Institut offers weekly sporting activities, cultural activities and tours. More than 1200 students have participated since 2002. The program is designed for students who wish to develop their French language skills.
We offer several French language courses (at all levels): students participate in the regular language classes offered by the Institut de Touraine but earn 1.0 FCE from the University of Toronto. Classes are small and include students from around the world, in addition to participants in the UofT summer program. Students have access to several language labs, a small library, and a multimedia studio.
Detailed information sessions for the summer program in Tours are usually held first on UTSC campus in the fall and then on the UofT St. George campus in January. These sessions provide an excellent opportunity to hear from previous participants, see photos, and ask any questions that you may have.
Admission Requirements for University of Toronto undergraduate students
- UofT students who have completed one or more courses must have a CGPA of at least 1.5 at the time of application.
- First-year students with no final grades yet may also apply.
- Students on Academic Probation or Suspension at the time of application are not eligible to participate.
Applications will also be considered on the following criteria:
A. Academic suitability
B. Personal Statement (500 word maximum). Questions to consider include:
- Please outline the reasons why you want to study abroad and why you have selected this particular program.
- Describe how this program fits into your overall academic requirements as well as your personal goals
- How would you prepare to go abroad?
- How do you plan to use your student abroad experience after you return to campus?
- Briefly outline a situation that required you to adapt to an environment or circumstance that you found challenging and describe how you coped with this.
C. Additional program-specific questions assessing adaptability.
D. Some programs may require an interview. Please read the application to determine whether one is required.
Applications are submitted online: https://utwwc-horizons.symplicity.com/index.php?au=&ck=
Please visit the International Student Centre Webpage for more information on the following website Summer Abroad Program: Click Here
France Summer Abroad Program: Click Here