Students wishing to expand their knowledge of waste management efforts at UTSC and get experience volunteering with the Sustainability Office should consider applying to be a Waste Ambassador Volunteer!
Waste Ambassadors offer ‘peer to peer’ support to educate the UTSC community of students, staff, and faculty about waste management through events, workshops, and outreach. Waste Ambassadors will play a key role in improving waste diversion efforts at UTSC to support a more sustainable campus.
To receive a Co-Curricular Record as a Waste Ambassador volunteer, students must:
- Attend a 1-hour introductory training in September
- Volunteer for a minimum of 20 hours in the Fall and Winter semester total or 10 hours in the Summer
- Attend Homecoming (September 23) as the first event of the year
- Attend at least one outreach event each semester for a total of two for the academic year (Fall and Winter). For example, during Waste Reduction Week (October) and Sustainability Week (March)
- Attend at least one tabling session each semester for a total of two for the academic year (Fall and Winter). For example, BV hallway outside Tim Hortons
- Enthusiastic and willing to engage with fellow students, staff, and faculty
- No prior knowledge of waste sorting necessary! We will teach you at the training session
- Team player; responsible and reliable for shifts
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested in applying to be a Waste Ambassador, please email email@example.com
- Every 5 hours volunteered will also count as 2 credits towards the Sustainability Citizen curricular tier of the Sustainability Pathways Program
- End of year recognition event for volunteers who complete the requirements