The University of Toronto Scarborough is committed to providing quality study space to students of UTSC, especially during exam period.
Year-Round Study Space
- Academic Resource Centre (ARC) Study Carrels
- Arts & Administration (AA) Building -- AA207
- Bladen Wing 4th Floor (Directions: Proceed to the back of the long hallway, to the right of the information desk)
- Social Science (MW) Building -- MW130, MW231, MW260, MW291, MW327, MW391
- Humanities Wing (HW) Study Carrels
- Science Wing (SW) Study Carrels
- Instructional Centre (IC) Study Rooms
- Library hours (including Reference Desk, Circulation Desk, and Study Space hours)
- Extended hours service and policies
Use of Classrooms
Students are welcome to use empty classrooms as study spaces – as long as there are NO scheduled lectures, tutorials or standing bookings. Classrooms are open from 7 AM until 10 PM each day.
For a listing of all classroom schedules, please visit the Room Schedule website maintained by the Office of the Registrar.
Exam Study Space
In addition to year-round study space, additional space is available during final exam periods at the end of each semester. Information on additional space is available on SCSU poster boards around campus.
Study Space Zoning
This exam period, find space that meets your studying needs. Spaces have been classified as follows:
- Quiet Study: Whispered conversation; Cell phone on vibrate; Use electronics with earphones
- Group Study: Group conversation and collaboration; Cell phone on vibrate; Electronics permitted
- Silent Study: No Conversation; Cell Phone turned off; Use electronics with earphones