Workshops & Seminars
Workshops, seminars and online resources are available, through the Office of the Vice-Principal Academic & Dean and Vice-Dean Faculty Affairs & Equity, to support career development and an inclusive environment at UTSC.
Faculty & Librarian Social
- Spearheaded by the Mentoring Excellence & Diversity (MEAD) group, this resurrection of the Rendezvous, aims to bring colleagues together for drinks and food, to promote and encourage healthy life/work balance. Come meet new friends on Thursday, November 14 from 4-6pm in the Ralph Campbell Lounge (BV380). RSVP Today!
Reviews & Promotion for Academic Administrators and Staff (Next session: Friday, March 27, 2020)
- These sessions are intended to provide Unit Heads with an overview of each process, the materials they need to gather to support reviews, and key strategies for success. The sessions will help Chairs/Directors run fair and robust reviews and avoid common pitfalls. Staff may register together with their Unit Head. Please register for individual sessions or the full day. Lunch with be provided. Register today. More information
- Interim & Tenure Review 9:30-11:30am
- Probationary & Continuing Status Review 12-2pm
- Promotion in the Tenure Stream 2-3pm
- Promotion in the Teaching Stream 3-4pm
Academic Career Series (Next session: Spring 2020)
- Provides information and support to faculty well in advance of their next career stage. Each session goes behind the scenes of policy to provide an in depth understanding of relevant processes and the opportunity to hear from experienced faculty, reviewers, and experts. More information
- Preparing for your Interim & Tenure Review 9-11am
- Promotion in the Tenure Stream 11am-12pm
- Preparing for your Probationary & Continuing Status Review 12:30-2:30pm
- Promotion in the Teaching Stream 2:30-3:30pm
- Retirement Information Session
- Geared towards faculty participants, this workshop provides insight into Indigenous ways of knowing with opportunities for open discussion, questions and lunch from an Indigenous caterer. More information
- Provides an opportunity for the UTSC community to engage with prominent speakers on issues of equity in academia. Seminars are open to faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and staff.
- Strongly committed to diversity.' Is this evident in the recruitment, retention, and promotion of 'designated group' members? Professor Carl James, Jean Augustine Chair in Education, Community & Diaspora, York University; October 2019
- Equity Matters - Seminar & Discussion with Professor Imogen Coe, Dean of the Faculty of Science at Ryerson University (2012-2018); January 2019
- Beyond Contested Diversities: Intersectional Equity Matters at Canadian Universities - Professor Malinda Smith, Pierre Elliot Trudeau Fellow; Provost Fellow, University of Alberta; October 2018
- Finding Ways to Honour the Trailblazing Women of the Past & Future – Elly Zupko, communications specialist, founder of SMLX Good; 2017
- Provides empirically supported, on-line professional development opportunities for academic success. Available to University of Toronto faculty, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows via University of Toronto’s institutional membership, many resources are available free of charge. Sponsorships are available for the Faculty Success Program and Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program. More information.