Approval of proposed new programs and the review of existing programs at the University of Toronto is governed by the Policy for Approval and Review of Academic Programs and Units. The University of Toronto Quality Assurance Process (UTQAP) outlines the protocols for the assessment and approval of new programs, review of existing programs, modifications to existing programs, and closures of programs. The UTQAP was ratified by the Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance (known as the Quality Council) on March 31, 2011. A revised version was approved in September 2012.
Tips and Guidelines
- Curriculum Renewal - Principles, Process, and Guiding Questions, May 2017
- Guidelines - Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programs, June 2013
- UTSC Degree Criteria, March 2010
- UTSC Degree Level Expecations, March 2008
- University of Toronto Graduate Degree Level Expectations
Call for Curriculum
- 2020-21 Undergraduate Call for Curriculum including deadlines for submissions
- 2020-21 Graduate Call for Curriculum and SGS Production Deadlines
2020-21 Curriculum Change Proposal Templates
|Proposal Templates (hyperlinked)|
Proposing a new undergraduate course
Proposing the retirement/deletion of an undergraduate course
- Brand new programs - undergraduate or graduate, program closure - undergraduate or graduate, all types of major modifications (e.g., introducing a Freestanding Minor; introducing a new Major or Specialist where there is an existing Major or Specialist; adding or closing a formal stream in an existing program; major modifications to an existing program - undergraduate or graduate; introducing a new combined degree program; or introducing a new collaborative specialization), and introducing a new Minor where there is an existing Major or Specialist.