Faculty Development and Diversity
University of Toronto faculty, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can register with their University of Toronto email address to access the National Centre for Faculty Development and Diversity (NFCDD)'s free, online professional development resources below. In addition, full time, permanent faculty can apply for a Faculty Success Program or Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program Sponsorship.
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert and Multi-Week Course Trainings
- Weekly Monday Motivator (weekly productivity email)
- Monthly accountability buddy matching
- 14-Day Writing Challenge each semester
- Dissertation Success Curriculum for advanced graduate students
- Access to a private, moderated Discussion Forum and monthly writing challenge
- Access to the Library of past webinars and trainings
- Access to NCFDD references and referrals
FSP Alumni Program (for graduates of the Faculty Success Program, below)
UTSC faculty wishing to participate in the Faculty Success Program or Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program can apply for sponsorship of full tuition fees. The Faculty Success Program is offered three times per year (Fall, Spring, Summer). Beginning in 2020, the Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program is only offered once per year, in the Fall.
- Internal application deadline for the Summer 2021 Faculty Success Program is March 5, 2021.
- Application process:
Please submit the following to DeanHR@utsc.utoronto.ca prior to the internal application deadline:
- Email approval from Department Chair to pay 10% of tuition fees from departmental funds (total tuition fees for the 2020/21 programs are $3950 USD per participant).
- A brief statement committing to completing the 12-week online program, and confirmation of NCFDD account activation
- The name of the program being applied for (Faculty Success Program or Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program.
- Candidates will recieve confirmation that they have been registered (or put on the wait list for the next program). New for the 2020/21 academic year: UofT will be paying priority registration fees in full - participants are not required to pay up front and initiate reimbursement.
Questions can be directed to Eileen Egan-Lee, Faculty Development Administrator.
Faculty who complete the Faculty Success Program may enroll in the FSP Alumni Program at no charge using their FSP username and password. The Alumni Program offers a continued online source of support and access to three Q&A style FSP Alumni-Only Group Coaching calls per session, facilitated by FSP Master Coaches. The Alumni Program is offered three times per year (Fall, Spring, Summer); Alumni can enroll as often as they’d like.