Faculty Development and Diversity
University of Toronto faculty, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can register with their University of Toronto email address to access the National Centre for Faculty Development and Diversity (NFCDD)'s free, online professional development resources below. In addition, full time, permanent faculty can apply for a Faculty Success Program or Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program Sponsorship.
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert and Multi-Week Course Trainings
- Weekly Monday Motivator (weekly productivity email)
- Monthly accountability buddy matching
- 14-Day Writing Challenge each semester
- Dissertation Success Curriculum for advanced graduate students
- Access to a private, moderated Discussion Forum and monthly writing challenge
- Access to the Library of past webinars and trainings
- Access to NCFDD references and referrals
FSP Alumni Program (for graduates of the Faculty Success Program, below)
UTSC faculty wishing to participate in the Faculty Success Program or Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program can apply for reimbursement of early bird tuition fees. Both programs are offered three times per year (Fall, Spring, Summer)
Internal application deadline: 2 weeks before the posted early bird deadline.
- Applications for Fall, Spring or Summer sessions can be submitted any time (prior to the session’s internal application deadline).
- Application process:
Please submit the following to DeanHR@utsc.utoronto.ca prior to the internal application deadline:
- Approval from Department Chair to reimburse 10% of early bird program fees from departmental funds.
- A brief statement committing to completing the 12-week online program.
- The name of the program being applied for (Faculty Success Program or Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program)
- The session being applied for (Fall, Spring or Summer)
- Once notified that an application has been approved, faculty must register, paying tuition fees in full by the early bird deadline. Faculty must then contact their departmental business officer to initiate reimbursement.
Questions can be directed to Eileen Egan-Lee, Faculty Development Administrator.
Faculty who complete the Faculty Success Program may enroll in the FSP Alumni Program at no charge using their FSP username and password. The Alumni Program offers a continued online source of support and access to three Q&A style FSP Alumni-Only Group Coaching calls per session, facilitated by FSP Master Coaches. The Alumni Program is offered three times per year (Fall, Spring, Summer); Alumni can enroll as often as they’d like.