What does the Subcommittee on Academic Appeals do?
- The Subcommittee on Academic Appeals (SAA) considers appeals of decisions made by the Dean’s Advisory Committee (DAC). These Appeals are requests for an exemption from an academic regulation or deadline. The DAC must hear all cases (appeals) before they can be appealed to the SAA.
- The Subcommittee’s decision is final within UTSC, but it may be appealed within 90 days of its decision to the Appeals Committee of the Governing Council.
Subcommittee Appeal Process
- An appeal to the SAA must be requested within 90 calendar days of the decision of the DAC. Where this deadline falls on a day when the University is closed, the deadline shall be deemed to fall on the next regular business day of the University.
- Student are required to fill out Notice of Appeal Form. Supporting documentation is essential in this process and strengthens any case. Please submit your Notice or Appeals form and any supporting documents to Nisha Panchal, Secretary of the Subcommittee on Academic Appeals by e-mail at email@example.com.
- For more information see University of Toronto Academic Appeals Process
To speak with someone about the process or supporting documentation, please contact:
Nisha Panchal, Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 287-7566