Work Permits Available

Type of Permit: Work permitted:


Study Permit On-Campus Employment and Volunteering
  • Be a full-time student
  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Work on the campus where you are registered
  • Employer can be the institution, faculty, student organization, yourself (self employment), private business, or private contractor providing services to the institution on the campus

Study Permit

Off-Campus Employment (including volunteer work) up to 20 hours/week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks (summer, Reading week)

  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Be enrolled full-time at U of T in a degree program (ESL,visiting and exchange students are not eligible)
Co-op Work Permit Work during a co-op work term only
  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Be enrolled in a Co-op program (get a letter to support this)
Post-Graduation Work Permit Work full-time or part-time for up to 3 years after graduation
  • Have a valid Study Permit
  • Have received notification that you are graduating or that you’ve completed your degree requirements
  • Apply within 90 days of receiving the above notification

 Please note: any of the above permits allows you to legally perform the type of work indicated ONLY.

To be legally PAID in Canada, you also need a Social Insurance Number.