Work Permit

One of the advantages of choosing to study in Canada is that you are allowed to get Canadian work experience while you are here!  Some types of work require that you have a permit in order to work legally. 

Work Permits Available

Work Permits available: Study Permit On-Campus Employment and Volunteering, Study Permit Off-Campus Employment, Co-op Work Permit, Post-Graduaion Work Permit

Off-Campus Work

Students in the following programs are not eligible to work off-campus: Students in ESL or FSL programs including AEP, Green path and Fair Taiwan, while studying only English as second language in summer, non-degree ,visiting or exchange students, students in continuing education and general interest programs

Co-op Work Permit

One of the great things about the University of Toronto Scarborough is the Co-op program.

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. You also need a SIN to file Canadian taxes.*