The Staff and Faculty Women's Writing Circle is a partnership between The Writing Centre and the Equity and Diversity office at UTSC, and is supported by Campus Safety and Security.
The focus is on personal writing and the writing process. Each one-hour session starts with a hot lunch. Participants freewrite in response to writing prompts, then everyone has the opportunity to share, either by reading or by talking about the process. Sharing is always optional.
Some people come regularly; some occasionally, according to availability and inclination. It's time out for yourself, and it brings you in contact with colleagues in a different way.
Participants say they value:
- the opportunity to pause in my day
- starting to write poetry again
- learning from others; hearing others' stories
- being in a community of women
- camaraderie, feeling reaffirmed, welcomed, encouraged
- time to write!
The Writing Circle is taking a hiatus for the summer. We will meet again in September. Please join us!