The New Venture Program (NVP) connects your academics with experience. It is a rigorous program that involves the completion of several modules, culminating in a series of ‘defences’ of your business plan.
Learn what it means to be an entrepreneur and sharpen your skills for analyzing startup opportunities. Access hands-on resources and learn about others who have built rewarding careers as entrepreneurs. Master best practices for running early-stage companies and practice the skills needed to build a great business. The NVP consists of the following modules:
- Concepts of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Developing the Product/Service Concept
- Creating Your Product
- Designing Your Service
- Promoting the Products
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Financial Considerations for the New Venture
- Serial Entrepreneurship and S-Curves
- Writing Your Business Plan
- Writing an Investor Memo
- Entrepreneurship Research 101
To be considered for admission to the NVP, applicants must have completed the following:
- MGTA01 Introduction to Canadian Business
- MGTA02 Managing the Business Organization OR MGTA05 Foundations of Business Management
Letter of Purpose
The letter of purpose discusses your motivations for joining the program and interest in entrepreneurship. It also details one or more ideas you have at the heart of a potential startup.
Modeled after the business plan defences that students will employ in the NVP, candidates for entry into the program will have the opportunity to ‘sell’ to the admissions committee.
How to Apply
For information on how to apply to program, please email our team.
Mentorship and Consultations
Contact the Academic Director to request mentorship and to learn more about the New Venture and Innovation Programs.