Research Support for Students
- Navigating the libraries’ wide variety of services, and understanding your library loans and account
- Searching the catalogue, databases, and research guides for the most useful information on academic literature, companies, industries, data, and more.
- Getting started on researching a topic or assignment, choosing resources or developing a search strategy
Research Support for Faculty
- Managing and citing research
- Preparing to visit other university libraries and archives
- Training Research Assistants
- Discovering, cleaning, mining, and visualizing data
- Knowledge synthesis studies (e.g. systematic & scoping reviews)
- Delivering books, articles, and other primary materials to faculty through UTSC InfoExpress
- Acquiring items for the library’s collection
- Developing, designing, and publishing your online research projects
- Preserving and disseminating your data and research publications
- Negotiating your rights as an author with your publishers
- Complying with funding agencies' open access and data management requirements
- Determining the impact of your publications
Request a Consultation
Contact us to request a research appointment with our research team. Appointments are available Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm. Most appointments last approximately 1 hour and occur in person or virtually.
Learn how we can support your research for course assignments, entrepreneurship, and job searching.