- All audio/visual (A/V) equipment requests (i.e. speakers, computer, projectors) must be made 3 business days (72 hours) prior to your event and activity. The Department of Student life does not make A/V requests; this is the responsibility of your campus group. If you requested A/V services, you must personally contact A/V Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.287.7380 or visit their office at AC200 to make the necessary arrangements.
- Recognized Campus Groups may not book space on behalf of non-university groups, club sponsors, or activities. Space requested is for the sole use of the recognized campus group and not for any other organization.
- Booking one space does not mean that adjacent spaces are available for use as well. Booking MW-130 does not mean you also have the MW-Atrium.
- Please do not visit other offices to book space. Out of respect to other campus stakeholders and their time, this online system was created to facilitate campus group requests.
- Please note that during the first three weeks of every term (Fall, Winter & Spring) classroom bookings will be unavailable. See note at the top of the page.
- Use the Room Availability website offered by the Registrar’s Office to find out when classes and tutorials are not scheduled.
- LOCKED OUT? ensure that you carry a print-out of your confirmation with you in case the room is locked. In the event that a room is locked, please visit or call Campus Police Services in the Science Wing, SW 304 and request that the room be opened.
Rooms NOT Available for Booking
The following are rooms that cannot be booked by student groups: AA 160, Ralph Campbell Lounge, 5th Floor B-Wing Rooms, Doris McCarthy Gallery