- Preparation for university midterms begin (mid-October to mid-November).
- Time management and course workload (not aware of the self discipline required).
- Surprise and disappointment at lower marks or not seeing the same grades achieved in high school.
- Difficulty making choices about maintaining relationships with family and friends, while starting a new life and new friends, juggling home and school commitments.
- Financial stress and discovering the need to budget and manage personal finances.
- Maintaining part-time employment with academic commitments.
- Meet with an academic advisor from Academic Advising & Career Centre to discuss academic and career topics. Drop-in appointments available!
- Talk to a counsellor about how you are feeling. The Health & Wellness Centre on campus offers individual and group counselling services to registered students.
- Visit the Centre for Teaching & Learning, the Academic Advising & Career Centre, the Writing Centre and the Library to learn about the academic resources available on campus.