The Equity and Community Fund (ECF) supports undergraduate and graduate students with initiating equity-based initiatives either on campus or with the surrounding Scarborough community.
The Equity and Community Fund is funded by the University of Toronto Scarborough and was originally created in response to lobbying by the Scarborough Campus Students’ Union in 2013-2014.
The Equity and Community Fund Committee is responsible for the appropriate distribution of the ECF to student groups. The ECF Committee will only consider detailed and complete ECF funding requests from a Department of Student Life recognized group or society on campus.
- Any recognized student organization enrolled at UTSC is eligible to apply.
- Initiatives that are deemed the exclusive responsibility of the University’s operating budget will not be considered.
- Black, Indigenous, racialized, genderqueer and faith based groups will be prioritized.
- Senior Manager, Department of Student Life
- VP Equity, Scarborough Campus Students’ Union
- CSS Representative
- Equity and Diversity Senior Advisor to the Principal and Vice Principal’s office
- UTSC Chaplaincy
- Women and Trans Centre
- Student at large from an equity-seeking group
- The name of the group or department requesting funds.
- Contact information (full name, telephone number and email) for the primary contact.
- The name of the project/initiative.
- An overview of the project including the purpose, time, date, location and expected participation.
- How this project will enhance student life on campus and promote equity, diversity and inclusion on campus.
- A budget outlining all relevant criteria including, but not limited to, projected number of student participation, the existence and/or significance of additional funding sources, and expected revenue/loss.
- The total amount of funds requested from the ECF.
- Priority will be given to equity events, Indigenous initiatives and first time ECF funding submissions.
- Once a decision has been made by the ECF Committee the group will be notified. Funding allocations will depend on the funds available at that point in time.
- Once a group has been granted funding, they are responsible for the initial payment of all project costs.
- The ECF Committee reimburses approved expenses upon valid documentation/receipts that have been submitted via the Office of Student Affairs & Services.
- Funds allocated through the ECF remain available for use until April 30 of the academic year in which they were awarded.
- Reimbursement is at the discretion of the ECF Committee.
The committee reviews all applications on a rolling basis and meets a minimum once a semester. The committee will review applications received between October 1 to April 15 of that year.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.