Ph.D. Oxford University
- Law and Criminology
- Homelessness, Crime Victimization and the Criminal Justice System
- 2010 "Welfare Fraud: The Construction of Social Assistance as Crime" (with Janet mosher) in Constructing Crime: Contemporary Processes of Criminalization. Pages 17-53. UBC Press: British Colombia.
- Hermer, J. "Policing Compassion: Begging, Law and Power in Public Spaces". forthcoming. Hart: Oxford. 195 pages.
- 2005 "Policing in Canada in the Twenty-first century: Directions for Law Reform" in Re-Imagining Policing in Canada. edited by Dennis Cooley. Joe Hermer, Michael Kempa, Clifford Shearing, Philip Stenning, Jennifer Wood. P. 1-91.
- 2006 "Justice and Injustice: Homelessness, Crime Victimization and the Criminal Justice System". Centre for Urban and Community Studies. Research Paper 207. University of Toronto. Sylvia Novak, Joe Hermer, Emily Paradis, Amber Kellen. 190 pages.
- Deviance and Normality I
- Deviance and Normality II