Accessibility Needs in Residence

Student Housing & Residence Life is committed to meeting the accessibility and accommodation needs of students. To determine how best to accommodate you while living in residence, we encourage students to share specific information relating to your disability related needs. Disability related needs can be reported through the form below.


Disclosing any medical information is voluntary, and will only be used for emergency response and for developing your support plan in partnership with Student Housing & Residence Life while living in residence. The information you provide is kept confidential.


Should you have any questions about completing this form, please contact AccessAbility Services at Tel/TTY 416-287-7560 or

Please indicate the nature of the disability related restrictions or limitations for which accommodation is required (check all that apply)






Please note that the university does not arrange for provision of personal care attendant services. Students are encouraged to contact the Centre for Independent Living Toronto ( for information and resources about Attendant Care.
Please note that students are required to submit supporting documentation, by a regulated health care practitioner, verifying their need of a service animal for reasons of a disability. Documentation must specify type of animal. Please contact AccessAbility Services directly to receive further instruction on submitting the required documentation.

Confidentiality and Consents

The University of Toronto respects your privacy. Personal information that you provide to the University is collected pursuant to section 2(14) of the University of Toronto Act, 1971. AccessAbility Services is responsible for assessing disability related accommodation needs on behalf of University of Toronto, Scarborough. Pursuant to this goal, your personal information is being collected because it is necessary for the purposes of establishing, reviewing, and/or supporting appropriate accommodations and services at the University.
At all times it will be protected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions, please refer to or contact UT Scarborough's Freedom of Information Liason (FOIL), Brent Duguid, at (416) 287-7033 or, Office of Business, Operations and Strategic Affairs, 1265 Military Trail, AA415B, Toronto, ON, M5A1A4.

Please note that a member of the Student Housing and Residence Life team and/or AccessAbility Services may contact you if clarification or additional documentation is required.