The U of T Scarborough Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not discipline-specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across U of T Scarborough (http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/home/academic-departments-and-programs). Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor (or supervisors) from the professoriate at U of T Scarborough.
The application deadline is November 1 each year.
The UTSC Office of the Vice-Principal Research & Innovation (OVPRI) will be providing an annual top-up to Tri-Council Postdoctoral Fellowship Awardees supervised by members of the UTSC professoriate (UTSC Campus primary budgetary appointees only). This will start with successful applicants in the Fall 2020 competition (awarded in Spring 2021). Additionally, UTSC will top-up existing Tri-Council Postdoctoral Fellows (i.e. those entering the second year of their Fellowships in 2021). Please see the link below for more details and contact Carmen Siu, Research Operations & Financial Officer, if you have any questions.
The 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is intended to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, develop their leadership potential, and position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
The applicant deadline for the U of T Scarborough internal vetting process will be August 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM EDT. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Postdoctoral candidates together with their UTSC supervisors are required to submit a single PDF file which includes the following application documents in this order:
- Lay Abstract (max 2000 characters)
- Statement of Research Contributions (max 1 page)
- Statement of Leadership Contributions (max 1 page)
- Research Proposal (max 4 pages)
- Bibliography (max 4 pages)
- Signed Supervisor's Statement (max 4 pages)
- Fulfillment of Degree form
Applicants will not be asked to submit their three referees' letters or the "Institutional Letter of Endorsement" at this time. Please consult the following documents for details about how to prepare the application:
- 2021-22 School of Graduate Studies Award Announcement
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Tip Sheet
- UTSC Banting Post-Doc Fellowship Process
- UTSC Banting Post-Doc Fellowship Adjudication Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions by Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions by Supervisors
Once the UTSC internal vetting process is completed, the list of nominations is due to the UofT School of Graduate Studies (SGS) by August 27, 2021. For more information about this program and the UTSC internal vetting process for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, please contact Anika Mifsud.