1. The Visiting Student Application is for students who wish to take a course or courses at the University of Toronto Scarborough for degree credit at their home University within North America. Applicants must be working towards an undergraduate degree and be in good academic standing at their home university.

    Please check first with your university to see if it has a student exchange agreement with the University of Toronto. If it does then it may be possible to attend U of T Scarborough on a student exchange, in which case, this Visiting Student Application Form is not appropriate. Please read item #4 below.


    Your Visiting Student Application should consist of the following:

    1. A letter from your home university giving you permission (i.e. a Letter of Permission) to take a specific course or courses at U of T Scarborough.
    2. A $60 CAN application fee payable online once you have completed the on-line application.
    3. An official copy of your academic transcript. You may submit an unofficial transcript with your application to aid in the admissions process, however, an official transcript is expected to be sent directly from your home university’s Registrar’s Office to finalize the application.

    Your home university will likely request that you submit a course description for each course you wish to take when you apply for a Letter of Permission. You may obtain this information from the Course Calendar. The Course Calendar and timetables are published on the Registrar’s Office website:

    The application deadline is April 1st for Summer entry and June 1st for Fall/Winter entry.


    If you are an international student outside Canada or the USA, you must complete a Non-degree Application form. Consult with the appropriate offices at your home university to ensure they will give you approval, at least in principle, to study at the University of Toronto Scarborough. In this case, the Visiting Student to U of T Scarborough Application Form is NOT appropriate.

    Instead, complete the online Non-Degree Application Form located

    Enrolment Services, University of Toronto,
    172 St. George Street,
    Toronto, Ontario
    M5R 0A3.
    Tel: (416) 978-2190.


    Enquire at the office responsible for student exchange programs at your home university to see whether an exchange program is already in place. Check if your institution appears on the program list at the University of Toronto Centre for International Experience website:

    The University of Toronto has established a student exchange program with McGill University and the University of British Columbia. It is open to citizens and permanent residents of Canada.

NOTE: All of our courses have enrolment limits. An Offer of Admission does not guarantee registration in particular courses. Select extra courses for your home university to approve in case we cannot accommodate your preferences.

I have read and understood the Visiting Student Application Process.


The University of Toronto respects your privacy
Personal information that you provide to the University is collected pursuant to section 2(14) of the University of Toronto Act, 1971. It is collected for the purpose of administering admissions, registration, academic programs, university-related student activities, activities of student societies, safety, financial assistance and awards, graduation and university advancement, and reporting to government. The University is also required to report student-level enrolment-related data to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities as a condition of its receipt of operating grant funding. The Ministry collects this enrolment data, which includes limited personal information such as Ontario Education Numbers, student characteristics and educational outcomes, in order to administer government postsecondary funding, policies and programs, including planning, evaluation and monitoring activities. At all times it will be protected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions, please refer to or contact the University Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Coordinator at McMurrich Building, room 104, 12 Queen's Park Crescent West, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A8

© 2018 University of Toronto Scarborough. All Rights Reserved.