The Post-Admission Transfer Credit (PATC) application is now closed.
Please refer to the schedule of dates below.
Courses taken outside of a Letter of Permission or formal exchange, are not guaranteed transferability to your U of T Scarborough degree. The transfer credit assessment will take place after the successful completion of the course(s) and submission of an official transcript and Post-Admission Transfer Credit (PATC) application.
Please read this page thoroughly and proceed cautiously when considering studying elsewhere outside of a Letter of Permission or Outbound Exchange Program.
To be eligible for transfer credit consideration, courses taken outside of the University of Toronto must be developed, assessed, and delivered at accredited degree-granting universities. Courses offered through third-party affiliations on behalf of host universities will not be eligible for transfer credit assessment.
Applications for post-admission transfer credit will only be reviewed provided all of the following criteria are met. Where applicable, external verification may be required. U of T Scarborough students must always abide by the rules and regulations as outlined in the Academic Calendar, including the 3.0 credit load maximum per term.
Note: Letters of Permission and post-admission transfer credit will not be granted if an equivalent course is being offered at the University of Toronto Scarborough in the same session.
- Must be eligible to enrol in courses and have completed at least 4.0 credits as a UTSC student before enrolling at another institution.
- Must be "In Good Standing" with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 1.60.
- May not have any administrative holds (financial or other), or grade notations of GWR or SDF on their record.
- May not receive more than 5.0 full credits through a Letter of Permission or post-admission transfer credits. See the Maximum Number of Transfer Credits Allowed chart.
- May not receive more than 1.0 full credit at the C or D level.
- Must provide reasons why transferring these credits are necessary. Explain the importance of the particular courses selected, why this course cannot be taken at U of T Scarborough or another U of T campus, and the reasons for choosing the particular post-secondary institution.
- Should not submit PATC applications for courses taken in the semester before their expected convocation date (fall for November convocation and winter for June convocation) because, as mentioned above, transfer credits are not guaranteed.
Newly Re-enrolled Students:
Must submit the PATC application and final official transcript by the end of the first semester following re-enrolment.
- Institutions must have degree-granting authority as per local regulations.
- Courses offered through third-party affiliations on behalf of host universities will not be eligible for transfer credit assessment.
- For studies in China, you may take courses through the following partner institutions:
- Fudan University
- Peking University
- Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech)
- Shanghai University
Only courses taken at the above-mentioned partner universities will be considered for transfer credit without China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) verification. If you take courses at universities in China other than Fudan University, Peking University, SUSTech, or Shanghai University, you must submit CHESICC verification before transfer credit(s) can be awarded. For credit weight equivalency, please visit the Learning Abroad website. It is important that you check the credit weight equivalency prior to enroling in courses as the credit weight may differ between institutions.
4. All course registration, fees, syllabi, and transcripts must be issued from the host university.
- Must be undergraduate offerings similar to U of T Scarborough.
- Must have a detailed grading scale. Pass/Fail -CR/NCR grades are not acceptable. Transfer credit may be considered where students have achieved at least 10% or one full letter grade above passing.
- Grades are not recorded on U of T transcripts and are not included in any grade point average. Transfer credit grades will appear as "CR".
- Must be available as part of a bachelor's degree program at the degree-granting institution.
- Must be of equivalent weight to U of T.
- Must have a detailed syllabus available for the term in which taken (you will be asked to upload this when completing the application).
- Students enrolled in a Management Subject POSt are not eligible to receive credit for program requirements, with the exception of MGTA01H3 or MGTA02H3.
- Students who are not enrolled in a Management Subject POSt are eligible to receive generic credit only, for courses equivalent to those restricted to Management students.
Application Timelines & Deadlines
Submit the PATC application no earlier than the completion of your course(s) and no later than one month following the completion of the semester. A final official transcript must be received by Admissions & Student Recruitment no later than the corresponding date below.
Applications open: December 15
Application and documentation deadline: January 31
Applications open: April 15
Application and documentation deadline: May 31
Applications open: August 15
Application and documentation deadline: September 30
Failure to follow these deadlines will result in the forfeiture of any possible transfer credit.
- Applications will not be processed until AFTER the deadline. In the event the transfer credit is needed for prerequisite purposes, contact the appropriate department advisor.
READY TO APPLY?
Be prepared to:
Input course code and title information.
Upload your course syllabi in pdf.
Pay the application fee with a Visa or Mastercard (the application fee is not refundable).
Arrange to have your official transcript sent from the host institution directly to our office.