Visiting Students to UTSC
  1. The Visiting Student Application is for students who wish to take a course or courses at the University of Toronto Scarborough to be used for degree credit at their home institution within North America. Applicants must be working towards an undergraduate degree and be in good academic standing at their home institution.

    Please check first with your institution to see if it has a student exchange agreement with the University of Toronto. If it does then it may be possible to attend U of T Scarborough on a student exchange; in this case, this Visiting Student Application Form is not appropriate. Please read item #4 below.


    Your Visiting Student Application should consist of the following:

    1. A letter from your home institution giving you permission (i.e. a Letter of Permission) to take a specific course or courses at U of T Scarborough.
    2. Completion of the online application and $60 CAD application fee.
    3. An official copy of your academic transcript. You may submit an unofficial transcript with your application to aid in the admissions process, however, an official transcript is expected to be sent directly from your home institution's Registrar's Office to finalize the application.

    Your home institution will likely request that you submit a course description for each course you wish to take when you apply for a Letter of Permission. You may obtain this information from the Course Calendar. The Course Calendar and timetables are published on the Registrar's Office website:


    If you are an international student outside Canada or the USA, you must complete a Non-Degree Application form. Consult with the appropriate offices at your home institution to ensure they will give you approval, at least in principle, to study at U of T Scarborough. In this case, the Visiting Student to U of T Scarborough Application Form is NOT appropriate.

    Instead, complete the online Non-Degree Application Form located at


    Enquire at the office responsible for student exchange programs at your home institution to see whether an exchange program is already in place. Check if your institution appears on the program list at the University of Toronto Inbound Visiting Students website.

    The University of Toronto has established a student exchange program with McGill University and the University of British Columbia. It is open to citizens and permanent residents of Canada. 

    NOTE: All of our courses have enrolment limits. Acceptance as a visiting student does not guarantee registration in particular courses. Select extra courses for your home university to approve in case we cannot accommodate your preferences.

    Application Timelines & Deadlines

     Below are the sessional application timelines and deadlines.  

    Fall session: 

    Applications open: May 15 

    Application and documentation deadline: July 31 

    Winter session: 

    Applications open: September  15

     Application and documentation deadline: November 15 

    Summer session: 

    Applications open: January 16

    Application and documentation deadline: April 9

    Please note:  It is your responsibility to check directly with your home university for information concerning their letter of permission application and registration deadlines.


    Be prepared to:

    • input desired course codes
    • upload your home institution Letter of Permission
    • pay for your application with your Visa or Mastercard (application fee is not refundable)
    • arrange to have your transcript sent from the home institution directly to our office

    Electronic submission via Parchment/Naviance:

    Where applicable, transcripts should be sent to:

    Admissions & Student Recruitment (Transfer Credit)
    University of Toronto Scarborough
    Highland Hall, Room 104
    1265 Military Trail
    Toronto, ON M1C 1A4