What is a TCard
Your TCard is your identification for academic purposes. It includes your photo, UTORid, student number (or personnel number for staff and faculty) and a barcode. It provides access to services and facilities such as libraries, athetic facilities, exams, meal plans, online learning portal, printing services, and more.
All University buildings are closed as of March 17, 2020 to the general public. All TCard Office locations are closed.
Can I Get A TCard or UTORID During The University Closure?
- During the University closure, TCard Services is not issuing TCards.
To activate your UTORid (Which is your key to online resources including Quercus and UTMail+), newly admitted students should:
- Submit a photo via MyPhoto.
- Schedule an online appointment with a TCard Staff via CLNx
- Have required document with you at the online appointment.
Newly Admitted Students Starting in Fall 2020:
- Step 1: Submit a photo via MyPhoto, and once the photo is approved, you can move to Step 2.
Step 2: Set up an appointment with a TCard Staff via CLNx to verify your identity, approve your photo and activate your UTORid and UTmail+.
- Appointments will take place via MSTeams.
- You will need your JOINid to login to CLNx.
At The Appointment, You Will:
- Be required to show your face via a webcam (for identity purposes).
- Show your valid, physical/hard copy government-issued required documents.
- Have your MyPhoto picture verified by a TCard staff.
- Receive your UTORid Activation instructions.
- BONUS: Submit a photo using the MyPhoto system before August 21st and get a $15 Booksore gift card + free shipping in Canada. Visit the Bookstore website for terms and conditions.
How Can I Pick Up My TCard Once U of T Reopens/I Am On Campus?
- Once the University re-opens, students will be able to pick up their TCard in person, either at the TCard Office or a designated card pick up location (For those submit photos via MyPhoto).
- Identity/Legal status documentation is required before a TCard can be issued.
- A TCard cannot be issued unless your documentation matches your legal status in ACORN.
- Visit How to Get Your First TCard for more details on getting your first TCard.
- If you require a TCard during the University closure, please email TCard Services.
For Contractors, Temporary Staff/Faculty & Visiting Professors:
If You Have Lost Your TCard:
- Disable your lost TCard.
You are still able to write an exam or midterm if you have lost your TCard.
- Be prepared to present government-issued ID or your passport. Your department/exam invigilator will advise you on what you need to do next.
- If you have any questions or concerns, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Students Who Remain In Residence:
- If you lose your TCard, your residence will continue to provide access to food and rooms. Please contact your residence staff.
How To Contact the Office of the Registrar Or Residence
Other Questions/Concerns During The Closure:
- Email TCard staff at: email@example.com.
- Email UTSC TCard staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also leave a voicemail at 416-946-8047
- Getting Your First TCard- How to get your first TCard if you are a student, faculty/staff, or visitor
- Using Your TCard - How can you use and load money on your TCard
- Lost or Replacement TCard- How to get a replacement TCard and what to do if you find a lost TCard