COVID-19 Absence Declaration in ACORN
The University of Toronto is working to address concerns related to COVID-19. Procedures are subject to change as new information becomes available. We encourage students to stay home if they feel unwell and continue to check travel and public health advisories and the University of Toronto’s website as this is an evolving situation.
For COVID-19 related symptoms, the University is temporarily suspending the need for a doctor’s note or medical certificate for absences and students must declare through the Absence Declaration tool on ACORN.
The tool can be found in the ACORN Profile and Settings menu and you are required to declare your absence daily up until the day before you return to classes or other academic activities. For step-by-step instructions, please refer to the UTSC Absence Self-Declaration Steps. The University will use this information to provide academic accommodation and to monitor overall absences.
You are required to declare your absence from academic activities if:
- you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms
- due to self-isolation requirements
- You are registered in the current session
Students must also follow the absence policy of the department and the instructor which may require additional documentation.
Absences for other illnesses should continue to be documented through the Verification Of Illness (VOI) form and normal divisional process. For more detail on petition procedures specific to UTSC please see: petitions
While the University will make every effort to provide needed academic accommodation, you are responsible for meeting course requirements as determined by your instructors.
- Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19.
- To receive emergency messages from the University on your mobile device, we encourage you to provide additional contact information in the UTAlert system.
- The University’s primary concern continues to be the health and safety of all members of the University community. Please continue to check the University’s homepage for updates on U of T’s COVID-19 preparations.