This website serves diverse purposes and is presented as a supplement to The Aesthetics of Emotion: Up The Down Staircase of the Mind-Body (Cambridge University Press):
- The Image Gallery comprises original colour images of all the artworks that appear in the book.
- The Lecture series includes nine lectures (plus an introduction) that review and go beyond ideas presented in the book.
- The Artist Interviews section offers conversations with artists whose works appear in my book along with a gallery of additional works chosen by them.
- The Resources section includes a number of relevant academic resources
-Dan Berlyne’s autobiographical interview with Roger Myers from 1973
-Charles Fantazzi’s article on C. P. Snow’s Two Cultures
-Barbara Olins Alpert’s thoughts on relations between “ice age” and “Western” art.
- Finally, the Kinetic Publishing section includes a roundtable discussion on the future of scholarly communication in the internet age.
Please visit these sections in accordance with your interests.
- Gerald Cupchik, University of Toronto Scarborough