**NEW** UTSC Psychology Student Travel Award
The UTSC Psychology Student Travel Awards are designed to partially support students’ travel to domestic and international conferences at which they are presenting a poster or research talk. Students whose papers have already been accepted for presentation at a conference will be given priority.
Amount: The awards are valued at up to $500 for travel to a conference within Canada and up to $800 for travel to an international conference. Payment of the award will be made as a reimbursement of eligible expenses (in accordance with the University of Toronto’s Policy for Travel and Other Reimbursable Expenses) after conference participation.
At the time of application applicants must:
- be currently enrolled in a psychology, mental health studies, or neuroscience degree program at UTSC (students may also attend conferences in the term immediately following graduation)
- not have received this departmental travel award in the past
- Quality of abstract (if already accepted at a conference)
- Statement of intent
- Supervisor’s reference
- Cumulative and program GPA
- Post-graduation plans (e.g., graduate school)
Award applications will be processed on a rolling basis by a committee of Psychology faculty and staff until funding has been exhausted for the fiscal year. Students may apply at any time during the academic year by submitting all of the following documents to Hanan Domloge, Program Manager, at email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. Please write “Student Travel Award Application” in the subject line of your email.
- UTSC Psychology Student Travel Award application form
- Statement of intent (one-page maximum) describing the student’s research experience, the current project, and the importance of the conference travel to their current and future academic and professional goals
- Statement of support/letter of reference from the research supervisor
- Transcript print-out
- Letter of acceptance for participation in a conference (if applicable)
- Submitted conference abstract (if applicable)
UTSC Undergraduate Reseach Poster Forum and UTSC Library Undergraduate Research Prize
The UTSC Library and the Office of the Vice-Principal Research are initiating an Undergraduate Research Forum and an Undergraduate Research Prize as an opportunity for students to share their recent research experiences with the academic community, promote more undergraduate research, and foster undergraduate scholarship excellence at UTSC.
The Undergraduate Research Forum allows students to communicate their research goals and outcomes to an academic community through the form of a poster presentation. The Undergraduate Research Prize allows students to reflect on their research experiences and the process of accumulating their research (use of the library and academic resources). Both opportunities are competitive and judged programs, which promote the spread of knowledge as well as the acknowledgment of student efforts (cash prizes, acknowledgment of participation on Co-Curricular Record, etc).
For more information, please visit the following sites:
Undergraduate Research Forum (due February 27, 2018): https://utsc.library.utoronto.ca/research-poster-forum
Undergraduate Research Prize (due April 10, 2018): https://utsc.library.utoronto.ca/research-prize
“Devices for Better Care, Better Health and Better Health Science”
All applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Friday, January 26, 2018. Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will not be reviewed.
Do you have an idea for an innovative healthcare product, service or solution? Submit your Idea Pitch to HealthEdge for an opportunity to receive 1 of 4 available $7000 fellowship awards.
Details at HealthEdge.ca
2018 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA)
To provide research work experience that complements the degree program which will encourage students to consider graduate studies and pursue careers in the natural sciences and engineering. View full program details here. NOTE THE INTERNAL DEPARTMENT DEADLINE: Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
Amount: $4500 provided by NSERC plus a minimum $1,125 supplement provided by the supervisor.
Duration: 16 full consecutive weeks
At the time of application applicants must:
- Have completed 4.0 FCEs (ie completed 1st year)
- Be registered as a full-time student in a bachelor’s degree program at the University of Toronto
- Have a minimum cGPA of B- (70%)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Application Form 202: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/Forms-Formulaires_eng.asp
Part I – completed by the student
Part II – completed by the proposed supervisor
- Official, up-to-date sealed and stamped U of T transcript
- Student - Supervisor Certification
- Review the FAQ page if you have any questions
Deadline to apply: The full application must be submitted to the department no later than Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
List of Eligible Supervisors:
Hanan Domloge, Program Manager
Department of Psychology
1265 Military Trail, Scarborough, ON M1C1A4
Student Research Grants
The Psychology Foundation of Canada provides funding of up to $1000 to support student research projects. These research grants are open to all undergraduate and graduate students. Click here for more information on how to apply.