Welcome to the first virtual summer camp program at University of Toronto Scarborough for children ages 6-12yrs!
The virtual program resembles the traditional camp program transformed onto a virtual platform through Zoom. The weekly virtual camps will be facilitated by staff, community partners and virtual program leaders, which campers fondly know as Camp Counsellors. The online Zoom format is user friendly and highly intuitive, though we encourage everyone to download the Zoom app and be familiar with the basic features of Zoom prior to the first camp session. In some cases, program session documents and video’s pertaining to the program subject will be organized on the camp’s YouTube Channel.
Note: Each week, there will be multiple program sessions that occur at the same timeframe, which is why it is important to ensure that you do not register for multiple programs with conflicting timeframes.
- 10 programs to choose from: Adventure, Arts & Crafts, Visual Arts, Baking, Cooking, Dance, Magic Show & Workshop, Yoga, Robotics and STEAM Lego
- Family oriented programs that can benefit several members of a family unit: Yoga, Cooking and Baking!
- 6-week virtual camp program for children ages 6-12 that operates from July 6 – August 14
- Online programs delivered through user-friendly Zoom Video Conferencing accessible through Laptop, Desktop and Tablet
- Flexible weekly camp registration provides parents the ease to select programs that meets the needs of their children and busy life schedules
- Virtual programs require 30-minutes to 3 hours of online interaction per day per weekly program
- Each virtual program facilitated by 1-2 instructors and supported with 2-4 Virtual Camp Leaders
- Complimentary registration for “Friday Special Events” hosted by Virtual Camp Leaders is open to all registered camp participants
- Wonderful opportunity for children to directly engage virtually with peers, Counsellors and Program Facilitators in real time!
- Progressive academic program planning and facilitation provided by U of T Scarborough staff, alumni, community partners and camp leaders
- Small interactive class sizes that provide a personalized experience for campers essential for learning – a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 15 participants
- User-friendly online registration system available Monday through Sunday 24/7