The University of Toronto Scarborough presents Camp U of T
Camp U of T Scarborough is a summer day camp for children ages 6-12 years that offers campers the option to register for either TENNIS or a THEMED camp program in the mornings, followed by a mini-University experience in the afternoons with hourly rotations in computers, science, dance, drama, fine arts/crafts, which all take place on campus. In addition, the camp provides comprehensive Leadership Certificate programs for teens 13-16yrs comprised of team and individual leadership themed character building workshops, recreational activities and off-campus excursions.
- Nut-free day camp facility that operates from 9am-4pm Monday through Friday. Doors open at 8:30am!
- Progressive academic environment with anti-bullying policy and onsite campus police services
- Low camper-to-staff ratio with age appropriate programming
- Weekly lunch menu that provides vegetarian options and accommodates food allergies
- Post camp child-care service for campers 6-12 that provides low organized activities from 4:30-6pm
- CPR-B & First Aid trained Camp Counsellors with extensive camp experience and childcare training
- User-friendly 24-hour access to online camp registration available Monday through Sunday
- Flexible 1-week camp registration throughout camp duration and 8-week camp registration incentive
- Daily ratio communication amongst Camp Counsellors and administrative staff 8:30am-4:15pm
- Enhanced Youth Leadership Certificate program (Leaders-in-Training) for ages 13-16 years
- Free camp hat provided to registered children and Leadership youth on first day of each camp session
Themed Camps (NEW!)
In an effort to engage the varying interests of children, we are replacing the morning Recreation Camp with Themed Camps to enhance the morning curriculum. Children will now have the option to be register for either Tennis or a Themed Camp and will experience the traditional mini-University afternoon programs as in previous years. For campers who generally register for our Recreation Camp year-after-year, we made sure to include a Sports Camp as one of the Themed camps, conveniently dated the week of July 22-26 to pay homage to our traditional Olympic-themed camp known as Games Week!
8 Themed Camp Sessions
July 2-5 Wk. 1 Cooking
July 8-12 Wk. 2 Math (w/LEGO)
July 15-19 Wk. 3 Urban Planning (w/LEGO)
July 22-26 Wk. 4 Sports
July 29-Aug 2 Wk. 5 Magic Science
Aug 6-9 Wk. 6 Arts and Crafts
Aug 12-16 Wk. 7 Urban Farm Adventure
Aug 19-23 Wk. 8 Dramatic Theatre