- History of Political Thought
- Feminist Theory
- Language and Politics
- Early Modern Political Thought
Torrey Shanks, Authority Figures: Rhetoric and Experience in John Locke’s Political Thought (Pennsylvania State University Press, 2014)
“Toleration and Democratic Membership: John Locke and Michel de Montaigne on Monsters.” Political Theory 43, 4 (August 2015): 451–472.
“Affect, Critique, and the Social Contract.” Theory and Event 18.1 (January 2015).
“Consent.” In Encyclopedia of Political Thought, edited by Michael T. Gibbons, Diana Coole, Elisabeth Ellis, and Kennan Ferguson (Basil Wiley, 2014).
“Feminine Figures and the ‘Fatherhood’: Rhetoric and Reason in Locke’s First Treatise of Government.” Political Theory 39, 1 (February 2011): 31–57.
- POLB72: Introduction to Political Theory
- POLC70: Classic Texts in Political Thought I
- POLC71: Classic Texts in Political Thought II
- Feminist Political Thought