Highland Hall- HL424
- Illusions of Opportunity: Associational Networks, and the Politics of Advocacy in Postwar
- The Anti-Poltics of Peacebuilding: Civil Society and Governance Promotion in Postwar Lebanon
- Religious ‘Centres’ and Religious ‘Edges’: Conceptualising Islamic Violence in Contemporary Egypt
Awards and Grants:
- 2001 Workshop grant, Canadian Centre for Foreign Policy Development, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade "States within States: Incipient Political Entities in the Post Cold War World".
- 2001 GRG Grant .
- 1999 GRG Grant "the Politics of NGOs in Lebanon"
- "Promoting Social and Political Accessibility: The Disability Movement in Postwar Lebanon", Middle East Journal. Forthcoming 2010
- Britain and the Politics of Modernization in the Middle East, 1945 to 1958, Cambridge University Press, 1996 (hbk.) and 2002 (pbk.)
- "Donors, Patrons, and Civil Society: Environmental Politics in Postwar Lebanon in Global Perspective" in (eds.) O.P. Dwivedi and Jordi Diez, Environmental Management in a Global Context: Perspectives from the South, Broadview Press, 2008.
- "Promoting Civil Society in the Middle East and at Home: NGO’s, CIDA and the Middle East Working Group, 1991-2001" in (eds.) Paul Heinbecker and Bessma Momani, Canada and the Middle East: Theory and Practice, Waterloo: Wilfred Laurier University Press, 2007.
- "Contextualizing States within States: An Historical and Theoretical Introduction": in (eds.) Kingston and Spears, States within States: Incipient political Entities in the Post Cold War Era, Palgrave/MacMillan, 2004, pp. 1-14.
- Politics and Society in the Middle East I
- Politics and Society in the Middle East II
- International Development Studies: Advanced Seminar