- Urban Theory
- Social Justice
- Contemporary Political Thought
Awards and Grants:
- 2008 Connaught New Faculty Matching Grant.
- 2014 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Insight Grant
- 2016 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Connections Grant
Margaret Kohn, The Death and Life of the Urban Commonwealth (Oxford University Press 2016).
- Winner of the Judd Award, Best Book in Local and Urban Politics, 2017
- Winner of the Easton Award, Best Book, Foundations of Political theory section, American Political Science Association, 2017
Margaret Kohn, “Parks and Refs: Community, Solidarity and Public Space,” Contemporary Political Theory 15.4 (2016): 446-452
Margaret Kohn, “The Critique of Possessive Individualism: Solidarism and the City,” Political Theory 44.5 (2016): 603-628.
- Margaret Kohn, “What is Wrong With Gentrification?” Urban Research and Practice 6:3 (2013).
- Margaret Kohn, “Postcolonialism and Global Justice,” Journal of Global Ethics 9:2 (2013): 187-200.
- Margaret Kohn, “Privatization and Protest: Occupy Wall Street, Occupy Toronto, and the Occupation of Public Space in a Democracy,” Perspectives on Politics,” 11:1 (2013): 99-110.
- POLB30H3 Law, Justice and Rights
- POLB70H3 Classic Texts in Political Theory I
- POLB71H3 Classic Texts in Political Theory II
- POLC37H3 Global Justice
- POLD70H3 Topics in Political Theory