The Community Safety Office is a tri-campus service that offers support and assistance to members of the University Community on a short term basis. They will work with vulnerable students, staff, and faculty members to ensure appropriate safety plans are created to address safety concerns.
- Remember, most crime is committed in response to the opportunity, so the best prevention is to eliminate opportunities.
- Save the Campus Community Police emergency phone number into your contacts list (416) 978-2222.
- UTSC Code Blue Phones for emergencies, directions and assistance can be found at many locations across campus and are available 24/7.
- You don’t have to travel alone after dark. Use Travel Safer (416) 287-7022. We’ll escort you where you need to go. You can also arrange for us to meet you at the bus stop, if you are returning to campus after dark.
- Don’t feel isolated when you are working alone – the Lone Worker program is here for you.
Be aware of your surroundings and look out for one another.
- Know where you are, know where you are going, and what to expect.
- Avoid travelling alone and let people know where you are going.
- Give yourself time to get to your destination. Choose a safe, well-lighted and populated route.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel in danger, or if you see something suspicious, call 911 immediately.
- Solicitors on Campus: The University does not support or authorize solicitation of money or the sale of any goods, services or products on campus by external agencies or organization.
Trust your instincts. If you feel in danger, or if you see something suspicious, call the UTSC Campus Community Police at (416) 978-2222 or 911 immediately.