The Community Safety Office is a tri-campus service that offers support and assistance to members of the University Community on a short term basis. They will work with vulnerable students, staff, and faculty members to ensure appropriate safety plans are created to address safety concerns.
- Remember, most crime is committed in response to the opportunity, so the best prevention is to eliminate opportunities.
- Save the Campus Community Police emergency phone number into your contacts list (416) 978-2222.
- UTSC Code Blue Phones for emergencies, directions and assistance can be found at many locations across campus and are available 24/7.
- You don’t have to travel alone after dark. Use Travel Safer (416) 287-7022. We’ll escort you where you need to go. You can also arrange for us to meet you at the bus stop, if you are returning to campus after dark.
- Don’t feel isolated when you are working alone – the Lone Worker program is here for you.
Be aware of your surroundings and look out for one another.
- Know where you are, know where you are going, and what to expect.
- Avoid travelling alone and let people know where you are going.
- Give yourself time to get to your destination. Choose a safe, well-lighted and populated route.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel in danger, or if you see something suspicious, call the UTSC Campus Community Police at (416) 978-2222 or 911 immediately.
- Solicitors on Campus: The University does not support or authorize solicitation of money or the sale of any goods, services or products on campus by external agencies or organization.