Professor/Associate Director of the Environmental NMR Center
Molecular Biogeochemistry, Environmental Chemistry and Environmental Metabolomics
- NSERC University Faculty Award (2002-07)
- Premier’s Research Excellence Award (2003)
- University of Alberta Alumni Horizon Award (2003)
- UTSC Principal’s Research Award (2007)
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement (2010)
- Royal Society of Chemistry / Society for Environmental and Toxicology and Chemistry – Environmental Science Award (2010)
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplement (2015)
- PM Huang Award, International Union of Soil Sciences (2015)
- Pautler, B. P., P. Sanborn, A. J. Simpson, and M. J. Simpson. 2013. Molecular characterization of organic matter in Canadian Arctic paleosols for paleoecological applications. Organic Geochemistry 63:122-138.
- Nagato, E. G., J. C. D’eon, B. P. Lankadurai, D. G. Poirier, E. J. Reiner, A. J. Simpson, and M. J. Simpson. 2013. 1H NMR-based metabolomics investigation of daphnia magna responses to sub-lethal exposure to arsenic, copper and lithium. Chemosphere 93: 331-337.
- Lankadurai, B. P., E. G. Nagato, and M. J. Simpson. 2013. Environmental metabolomics: An emerging approach to study organism responses to environmental stressors. Environmental Reviews 21: 180–205.
- Whitfield Aslund, M., G. Stephenson, A. J. Simpson and M. J. Simpson. 2013. Comparison of earthworm responses to petroleum hydrocarbon exposure in aged field contaminated soil using traditional ecotoxicity endpoints and 1H NMR-based metabolomics. Environmental Pollution 182: 263-268.
- Pisani, P., K. M. Hills, D. Courtier-Murias, A. J. Simpson, N. J. Mellor, E. A. Paul, S. J. Morris and M. J. Simpson. 2013. Molecular-level analysis of long-term vegetative shifts and relationships to soil organic matter composition. Organic Geochemistry 62:7-16.
For more publications see: http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~msimpson/