Agroecology; Plant-soil interactions;Biogeochemical cycling; Environment and Development.
Canada Research Chair Tier II (2013)
- Gagliardi, S., A.R. Martin, E. de M. Virginio Filho, B. Rapidel and M.E. Isaac. 2015. Intraspecific leaf economic trait variation partially explains coffee performance across agroforestry management regimes. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 200: 151–160.
- Borden, K.A., M.E. Isaac, N.V. Thevathasan, A.M. Gordon and S.C. Thomas. 2014. Estimating coarse root biomass with ground penetrating radar in a tree-based intercropping system. Agroforestry Systems 88: 657-669.
- Isaac, M.E., L.C.N. Anglaaere, K. Borden and S. Adu-Bredu. 2014. Intraspecific root plasticity in agroforestry systems across edaphic conditions. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 185: 16-23.
- Makhani, M. and M.E. Isaac. 2014. Rhizosphere soil dynamics under nitrogen-induced root modification: the interaction of phosphorus and calcium. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 177: 624-632.
- Isaac, M.E., L.C.N. Anglaaere, D.S, Akoto and E. Dawoe. 2014. Migrant farmers as information brokers: agroecosystem management in the transition zone of Ghana. Ecology and Society 19(2): 56.
- Munroe, J.W. and M.E. Isaac. 2014. Rates and transfer of fixed N in woody perennial agroforestry systems: a review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 34: 417–427.
- Isaac, M.E., G. Carlsson, C. Ghoulam, M. Makhani, N.V. Thevathasan and A. Gordon. 2014. Legume performance and nitrogen acquisition strategies in a tree-based agroecosystem. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems 38: 686–703.
- Isaac, M.E. and L.C.N Anglaaere. 2013. An in-situ approach to detect tree root ecology: Linking ground penetrating radar imaging to isotope derived water acquisition zones. Ecology and Evolution 3: 1330-1339.
- Isaac, M.E. 2012. Agricultural information exchange and organizational ties: the effect of network topology on managing agrodiversity. Agricultural Systems 109: 9-15.
- Whitehead, M. and M.E. Isaac. 2012. Effects of shade on nitrogen and phosphorus acquisition in cereal-legume intercropping systems. Special Issue: Soil biology and its importance to soil fertility. Agriculture 2: 12-24.
- Isaac, M.E., P. Hinsinger and J.M. Harmand. 2012. Nitrogen and phosphorus economy of a legume tree-cereal intercropping system under controlled conditions. Science of the Total Environment 434: 71-78.
- Dawoe, E., S.J. Quashie-Sam, M.E. Isaac, and S.K. Oppong. 2012. Exploring farmers local knowledge and perceptions of soil fertility and management in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. Geoderma 179-180: 96-103.
- Isaac, M.E. and Kimaro, A.A. 2011. Diagnosis of nutrient imbalances with vector analysis in agroforestry systems. Journal of Environmental Quality 40: 1-7.
- Isaac, M.E., Harmand, J.M., Lesueur, D. and Lelon, J. 2011. Tree age and soil phosphorus conditions influence N2-fixation rates and soil N dynamics in natural populations of Acacia senegal. Forest Ecology and Management 261: 582-588.
- Isaac, M.E., E. Adjei, R. Issaka and V.R. Timmer. 2011. Strategies for improved tree-perennial crop productivity: exponential nutrient loading and cocoa-shade interactions Agroforestry Systems 81: 147-155.
- Dawoe, E., M.E. Isaac and S.J. Quashie-Sam. 2010. Litterfall dynamics in cocoa-agroforestry systems of lowland Ghana. Plant and Soil 330: 55-64.
- Isaac, M.E., E. Dawoe and K. Sieciechowicz. 2009. Assessing localized knowledge use in agroforestry management with cognitive maps. Environmental Management 43: 1321-1329.
For more publications see: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~misaac/