Associate Professor/Associate Graduate Chair/MEnvSc BITAS Program Director
Understanding the consequences of natural and anthropogenic changes to watersheds and associated wetlands.
- Vice-President of the Canadian Geophysical Union, Biogeosciences Section (2014-2016)
- Mitchell, C.P.J., Branfireun, B.A. and Kolka, R.K. 2009. Methylmercury dynamics at the upland-peatland interface: Topographic and hydrogeochemical controls. Water Resources Research. 45: W02406.
- Mitchell, C.P.J., Branfireun, B.A. and Kolka, R.K. 2008. Assessing sulfate and carbon controls on net methylmercury production in peatlands: An in situ mesocosm approach. Applied Geochemistry. 23(3): 503-518.
- Mitchell, C.P.J., Branfireun, B.A. and Kolka, R.K. 2008. Spatial characteristics of net methylmercury production hot spots in peatlands. Environmental Science and Technology. 42(4): 1010-1016.
- Mitchell, C.P.J., Branfireun, B.A. and Kolka, R.K. 2008. Total mercury and methylmercury dynamics in upland-peatland watersheds during snowmelt. Biogeochemistry. 90(3): 225-241.
- Mitchell, C.P.J., and Gilmour, C.C. 2008. Methylmercury production in a Chesapeake Bay salt marsh. Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, 113, G00C04, doi: 10.1029/2008JG000765.
For more publications see: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~cmitchell/Carl_Mitchell_Website/Welcome.html