LtE Calc was developed as a learning through experience tool for students interested in basic statistics commonly used in biological anthropology, demography and epidemiology. The programs range from the computation of simple rates to more sophisticated models that assess complex relationships between a disease and two or more risk factors.
The following tools are available:
- Rates: Simple health measures
- Proportions: Estimating q, confidence intervals, and tests of differences
- Goodness of Fit: Comparison of observed and expected
- χ2: Test of association
- Odds ratio: Test of association between events
- Strata: Complex analysis of relationships
This tool was developed without any financial support and it is intended solely for educational use. Please acknowledge Professor L. Sawchuk (Lawrence.email@example.com). Contact Peter Rogers for any technical issues (firstname.lastname@example.org).