- A permit holder may cancel his or her permit at any time by returning the permit to the Parking Office (if they meet the eligibility criteria listed below), or by providing written notice of a request for cancelation to the Parking Office.
- Faculty and Staff permits must be returned/cancelled when employment is terminated. For temporary cancellations, please contact the Parking Office for eligibility criteria.
- Students must present a valid student card, the original method of payment, and a written request for a refund in order to receive a refund. Refunds made to authorized representatives will be made only by a cheque request, made out to the name and address of the original permit holder.
- Student permits may be returned according to the refund schedule posted at the Parking Office and on this website, and will be strictly followed. It is the permit holder's responsibility to request a refund by the stated dates in order to receive a stated refund amount. No exceptions will be made. Please click here for the current Refund Schedule.
- Method of refund will be as follows:
Method of Payment Method of Refund Payroll Deduction Cancellation of deduction by Parking Office Certified Cheque/ Money Order Mailed cheque for amount of refund or Interac Visa/Mastercard/Interac/American Express Visa/Mastercard/Interac/American Express refund
CASH REFUNDS CANNOT BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- It is the permit holder's responsibility to lock his/her vehicle while on campus, and to safeguard his/her permit against loss or risk of theft at all times.
- Any lost, missing, or stolen permits must be reported immediately to Parking Services staff.
- A replacement permit will be provided at the Parking Office for a fee of $30.00.
- If original permits are found/recovered within 30 calendar days, the replacement permit's value may be refunded upon presentation of both the original and the replacement permit to Parking Services staff.
- Prox cards that have expired or are reported lost or stolen will be deactivated, denying access to the holder.
- It is the permit holder's responsibility to display his/her parking permit properly on his/her vehicle at all times while on University of Toronto Scarborough property. Failure to do so will result in having to pay standard rates each day the permit is not in the vehicle.
Daily Hourly and Flat Rate Parking
- There are no refunds for daily hourly or flat rate parking payments, except for in cases of equipment malfunction. Parking Services will review each request and access on a case by case basis.