To start your application, please visit admissions.sgs.utoronto.ca/apply and follow these steps:
- Complete required documentation (see below for full details)
- Schedule at least 30–60 minutes
- Register on admissions.sgs.utoronto.ca/apply
- Create a personal profile, including academic background
- Nominate references
- Pay application fee
For your application, please prepare the following required documentation:
- Statement of Interest: An essay of 250–400 words, written solely by you, which outlines your motivation for applying to the program and what you will accomplish during and after your studies.
- Resume: Maximum two pages summarizing your personal, academic, and professional accomplishments. Please highlight accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to complete the MAccFin program.
- Academic Reference Letters: Minimum two required. These are generally completed by a professor who you have studied/worked with in the past. Your reference must provide an email address from a recognized university. Academic references help confirm the accuracy of your statement of interest and to provide an opinion on your academic aptitude.
- Professional Reference Letter: One letter provided by a direct supervisor from your current or previous employer is considered an asset. This type of reference helps provide an outside perspective of your work ethic and qualifications for employment.
- Transcripts: Scanned transcripts from ALL post-secondary programs attended must be available for digital upload at the time of application. Official transcripts must be post-mailed to the address as outlined on the admissions website.
Interview Process & Offer of Admission
After your application has been reviewed and approved, you will move on to the interview stage.
- Approved applicants will be invited to an interview on Kira Talent, where you will be asked video-recorded and written questions to demonstrate your communication skills and technical knowledge.
- We will send you an interview invitation from Kira Talent, which will provide you with further instructions.
Some applications that move forward in the admission process may be selected for a second mandatory interview remotely (e.g. via Zoom, Skype). The interview, which will be part of the selection process, consists of a conversation between the applicant and MAccFin representatives. A possible admission decision may take some time after the interview occurs. Applicants will not receive any feedback on this interview.
If you are successful, congratulations! The MAccFin team will extend an offer of admission to you through email, where you will need to confirm your offer and pay your deposit. Please also check your application on the School of Graduate Studies website to see a decision made status change.
Return to MAccFin homepage