safeTALK is a 3 hour suicide prevention training that helps participants identify people who are at risk, confidently ask them about the topic of suicide, and connect them with resources that can help them stay safe.
Goals and Objectives
safeTALK helps participants become alert to suicide.
Suicide-alert people are better prepared to connect
persons with thoughts of suicide with life-affirming help.
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants
will learn to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide
thoughts may be present
• Recognize that invitations for help are often
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss,
dismiss, and avoid suicide
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe
• Know community resources and how to connect
someone with thoughts of suicide to them for
further suicide-safer help.
Certificate upon completion
Please sign up on CLN UTSC Health and Wellness calendar