As exams come to an end, the parties start! Here are some tips from Party In The Right Spirit to party safer.
• Plan how you will get home: Have a designated driver, public transit, hired driver, you got the idea...
• Pace yourself: Eat before and while you drink to help slow the absorption of alcohol.
• Be Aware about drinking games: You consume alcohol too fast to realize how intoxicated it is making you. You can pass and say, "I'm just not into it".
• Know your limit: 1 drink = 5 oz. glass of wine, 12 oz. beer, 1.5 liquor. Mixed drinks may be more than one serving!
• Use the buddy system: Stick together and make sure you look out for each other.
• Its okay not to drink alcohol: Mocktails, carbonated drinks taste great! You chose what's right for you.