Same day counselling appointments are available on a first come, first served basis. These same day appointments are an opportunity for you to address your concerns as they come up, and anything can be discussed during your time with the counsellor. Versus giving advice, the counsellor's role is to listen closely and help create a collaborative plan based on your own values, skills and strengths.
Please call 416-287-7065 or email us at email@example.com to make this same day appointment. These appointments are approximately 30-45 minutes in length.
Counsellors are also embedded in certain departments to support students directly in their locations on campus. See below of the current list of the departments and contact them directly to learn how you can access them.
- Academic Advising and Career Counselling
- Arts, Culture, and Media Department
- Arts & Science Coop/Management
- English Department
- Health Studies
- Physical and Environmental Studies, Graduate Program
- Psychology Department
- Sexual Violence and Prevention Centre
In an Emergency or Crisis
If you are experiencing a crisis and feeling unable to cope and the Health & Wellness Centre is not open, emergency services and resources are available:
- Good2Talk Helpline for Post Secondary Students: 1-866-925-5454
- East Metro Youth Services Walk in Counselling Clinic: 416-438-3697
- Scarborough Mobile Crisis Unit: 416-495-2891
- Toronto Distress Centre: 416-408-4357
- Campus Police: 416-287-7333
- Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital: 416-284-8131
- For emergency situations call 911