Health & Safety - UTSCTogether
A phased approach to returning to our campuses will follow the requirements of government and public health authorities, as we continue to remain committee to the health and safety of all members of our U of T community. The Ontario Government’s Framework for Reopening our Province has outlined three phases of return, and the University of Toronto’s return will follow the stages set out in this roadmap.
As we move through these stages, several requirements will remain in place. All members of the community who have symptoms of COVID-19, or are required to quarantine due to contacts or travel history, must self-isolate.
Physical distancing requirements for activities on our campuses will be based on the advice of public health officials. The University’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Office will advise on these and other requirements, including the use of personal protective equipment in certain roles.
It is expected that in the early stages of return, most employees who are able to work from home will continue to do so for some or all of the time. During this phase, all elements of research that can be undertaken from home, such as data analysis and writing, will continue remotely.
Instructional activities will be planned so that the best possible student experience will be provided in a safe manner. The University will also be mindful of local advice from public transit authorities. Above all, we must be prepared for a resurgence of cases in our community and for some public health measures to be re-imposed.
University Health Resources
Sign up for Health & Wellness Online Groups, and view various support services available and mental health resources .
For urgent matters, please consult the HWC’s list of services and resources.
University of Toronto Health Services For Students
- UTSC Health & Wellness Centre: 416-287-7065
- St. George Campus Health & Wellness Centre: 416-978-8030
- UTM Health & Counselling Centre: 905-828-5255
- My Student Support Program or call 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578.
- Mental Health Resources for Students
- Health and Travel Services
Mental Health Resources For Students
- Access a list of UTSC Health and Wellness Centre on the website, including:
- Students residing outside of Ontario may access counselling resources across Canada here.
- Students who currently reside outside of Canada may access counselling supports through My SSP, a service available to all University of Toronto students. Here are tips for how to access MySSP internationally.
Mental health resources For Faculty and Staff
- HR&Equity support and advice for employees working at home
- Events, resources and guidance for mental well-being
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) (downloadable PDF)
- The Homewood Health Client Services Centre, 1-800-663-1142, offers advice, counselling, and help for all employees and their dependents. Services are offered remotely and confidentially 24/7/365. Additional tools and resources for managing anxiety, stress and other mental health concerns can be found at Homeweb.ca
- Mental Health While in Quarantine, Self-Isolation, or Working Remotely (downloadable PDF)
- Wellness Together Canada—self-directed e-mental health tools, peer support and live counselling from Health Canada
- Big White Wall—anonymous peer-to-peer online support for anxiety, depression and mental health
Additional Mental Health Resources
- Access Mental health and COVID-19 information from The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Ontario Ministry of Health
- Toronto Public Health
- Public Health Ontario
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
Telehealth Ontario is a free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information from a Registered Nurse.
- Phone: 1-866-797-0000
- TTY: 1-866-797-0007
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Region of Peel Public Health
The City of Toronto website offers COVID-19 information about travel information, symptoms and staying safe, by laws, directives and more. Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000. Toronto Public Health Hotline: 416-338-7600 / TTY: 416-393-0658. Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., seven days a week.