The Department of Health and Society Black Student Excellence Award of $600 ($500 + $100 gift card from the UTSC bookstore) is awarded to a Black student in a Health Studies program (BA, BSc or Co-op) on the basis of academic excellence and community involvement.
- Black undergraduate student in a Health Studies program (BA, BSc or Co-op)
- Academic achievement
- Community involvement
Availability: Domestic and International students
Deadline to Apply: November 15, 2021
Value: One annual award of $500 and $100 gift card from the UTSC bookstore for courses-related expenses (to be spent during the 2021/2022 academic year)
Academic Year: 2021-2022
How to Apply:
- Complete the Department of Health and Society Black Student Award Form, and include:
- A personal statement detailing your community involvement (1-page maximum, 12-point font size, Times New Roman font style, double space)
- The name and contact information (email and phone number) of one referee who can attest to your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, community involvement and/or participation in volunteer activities.
- A copy of your transcripts (academic history available for download on ACORN)
- Email the completed form which includes your personal statement, your referee’s contact information and academic transcripts as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No paper application will be accepted
Notification of decision:
- All applicants will be informed of the award decisions by email. This is usually within two months after the application deadline.
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from The Department of Health and Society. The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.
Click here to download the application form.