Doctoral Completion Award
The aim of the Doctoral Completion Award (DCA) is to help ensure that meritorious PhD students who will no longer be receiving the normal funding from their graduate unit, can complete their degree program within time limit. Students may receive a DCA only once during their program.
Up to $4,000, paid in 1-2 instalments.
Applicants for the DCA must:
- Beyond the funded cohort; entering their 6th year of study
- Be full‐time PhD students who are within the time-limit of their degree; 6 years full-time; 7 years transfer-from-master's; 7 years direct-entry
- No longer be receiving the normal funding package for PhD students in the year for which they are applying; and
- Not concurrently be holding a paid continuing professional position.
- Academic merit and quality of research.
- Expected time to complete the degree: any unusual requirements of the research that needed extended time or unforeseen events in the research program that delayed its completion may be taken into account.
- Availability of alternative funding.
A completed Doctoral Completion Award Form along with supporting documents and a completed Financial Need Assessment Form Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund (OSOTF) Awards may be submitted to Elaine Pick up to six weeks prior to the start of the applicant’s 6th year of PhD study.