UTSC Inclusive Excellence Postdoctoral Program
The University of Toronto Scarborough’s UTSC Inclusive Excellence Postdoctoral Fellowship provides funding to UTSC departments to increase opportunities for hiring postdoctoral fellows from underrepresented groups, specifically Indigenous and Black researchers. Nominees must be nominated by their prospective UTSC department following the timeline and processes outlined below.
Value and Duration
$70,000 per year to UTSC departments for up to two years.
The Fellowship will be used to fund both the PDF’s gross salary and employer costs (10% Standard Benefit Rate, and $50/month Green Shield contribution). Successful postdoctoral fellows will also receive a start-up fund of $5,000 per year.
Eligibility to Apply
The award is open to both domestic and international post-graduates.
- Demonstrate academic excellence and high potential for success in their chosen fields;
- Identify as Indigenous and/or Black;
- Have obtained a doctoral degree, normally within the last five years from the start date of the funding, or will have obtained the degree at the time the fellowship commences; and
- Not have held a UTSC Inclusive Excellence Postdoctoral Fellowship or a Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship, previously.
- Begin the fellowship by December 31, 2021;
- Submit proof of completion of degree upon the start date of the fellowship if they had not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of nomination for the award;
- Be associated with a UTSC supervisor appointed to a graduate unit;
- Register and remain registered with the Postdoctoral Office at SGS;
- Not concurrently hold another major fellowship;
- Not hold a faculty position or be on leave from such a position
Applications will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria.
- Excellence of the research proposal and nominee’s CV - demonstrated capacity for research excellence based on track record as defined by quality of applicant's research contributions.
- Demonstrated fit and mutual benefits between the research proposal and the research goals of the supervisor/unit/department, as well as the mission of the University.
UTSC Nominees for the Winter 2021 Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship program with automatically also be considered for the UTSC Inclusive Excellence Postdoctoral Fellowship
Results of the competition will be made available in May 2021.
For information regarding the nomination and selection process at UTSC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org