Co-operative education is a unique program based on a partnership between the University of Toronto, the student, and the employer.
The Major (Co-op) Program in City Studies allows you to:
• gain valuable work experience
• identify a career path that best matches your interests and skills
• apply theories and approaches you’ve learned in the classroom to real world problems
• learn how to search for, apply for jobs, and get interviews
• improve your interviewing skills and promote yourself to prospective employers
• finance your education through paid work terms
• explore career options and network with potential employers
• gain a competitive edge when going out into the workforce after graduation
Practical work placements alternate with study terms. Work placements begin in January, May or September for 4 month work terms.
Please click here for more information on Co-operative education at UTSC: