The Engineering Operations is responsible for the monitoring, operation and maintenance of building utility services.
The Engineering Operations is responsible for the monitoring, operation and maintenance of building utility services. It is comprised of:
- "Too hot..." "Too cold..." Call 7579
- Power failures. Call 7579
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Building mechanical services
- Electrical services
- Elevator services
- Control services
- Domestic cold & hot water systems
- Sanitary systems
This Group of Engineers and contracted tradesmen are responsible for monitoring, control, maintenance and repair of the utilities distribution networks throughout the entire U of T Scarborough campus.
These services of utilities include various complex mechanical systems such as:
- Boilers and chillers necessary for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Normal & emergency electrical power distribution systems
- Natural gas distribution system and its associated Equipment
- All science laboratory plumbing systems such as hot & cold domestic water supply, R.O water, drain lines
- Compressed air lines
- Laboratory fume hood exhaust and vacuum Lines
- Cold room glycol cooling systems
- Fire alarm devices, sprinklers, fire hose cabinets, and fire extinguishers
All passenger elevators are equipped with a telephone and instructions as to how to proceed in an emergency. Please report any elevator deficiencies to Facilities Management (416)287-7579.
All inquiries of the activities of this group, please contact Facilities Management 287-7579 or email email@example.com.
- Hot-work Permits (24-hours notice required)
- Fire alarm isolation for construction, and/or maintenance processes (24 hour notice required)
- Maintenance of fire alarms, standpipe & hose systems, sprinklers, campus fire hydrant
For Elevators problems e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. During off hours please contact U of T Scarborough police at 416-287-7398
To report local service utility problems such as temperature setting adjustments, electrical, plumbing or any other utilities related problems please contact Facilities Management at 416-287-7579 or email@example.com.
To request service from the Engineering Division please submit a work order request on the link below.
General Inquiries: 416-287-7579
Work Order Inquiries: 416-287-7575