Funding, Associations & Conferences
UTSC faculty are invited to an informal drop-in Zoom session with ILE Coordinators and the Special Advisor on Experiential Education to chat about possible curricular experiential learning opportunities with community partners.
Corinne Beauquis, Special Advisor on Experiential Education, with Saddaf Syed and Julie Witt, Integrated Learning Experience Coordinators, will be available to answer your questions, brainstorm possible solutions, and share with you best practices and recent successes building sustainable and effective community partnerships for exciting remote and on-site academic ILEs.
Yes, it’s true – experiential learning can still occur remotely, even with community partners! The Integrated Learning Experience (ILE) Coordinators help faculty to find and work with partner organizations that can provide relevant, curricular-aligned experiences for our students. Please drop-in to find out how or share your ideas with us!
For Zoom details, and for more information, please email Saddaf Syed and Julie email@example.com
- Monday, November 9 – 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Wednesday, December 9 – 12:30pm-1:30pm
The University of Toronto Scarborough, a pioneer in the Experiential Learning (EL) area, has a number of supports for faculty and students involved in experiential learning, or who wish to get started in the area or seek to further develop existing EL opportunities.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning has a Service Learning and Outreach Coordinator Kamini Persaud, and has recently added an Educational Developer for Experiential Learning, Al Hearn, to its staff to support faculty and departments in the development of experiential learning courses.
The Arts and Science Co-op has two Integrated Learning Coordinators, Julie Witt and Saddaf Sayed, to create partnerships between community organizations and faculty across campus for experiential learning projects.
The Management Co-op has The BRIDGE a multi-purpose academic space that supports experiential learning and an Entrepreneurship and Work Integrated Learning Program Coordinator Dave Fenton who develops experiential learning projects.
Funding Sources for Experiential Learning Course Development
Associations & Conferences
Experiential Learning Associations
- Association for Experiential Education
- National Society for Experiential Education
- International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement
- Engagement Scholarship Consortium
- Imagining Americahttps://www.eeestl.org/conference-deets
- Institute for Experiential Learning
- Experiential Education Exchange
- Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada
- Campus Compact
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- Learn, Serve, & Surf
Experiential Learning Conferences
- Association for Experiential Education Annual Conference
- International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement Conference
- Annual Conference of the Engagement Scholarship Consortium
- Imagining America National Gathering
- National Society for Experiential Education Annual Conference
- Institute for Experiential Learning Annual Conference
- Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Annual Conference
- Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning 2019 Conference on Postsecondary Learning and Teaching Exploring experiential learning