The Scarborough Review is our campus publication for undergraduate critical essays in English and the humanities. Look our for their call for submission if you want to get published or reach out to them if you are interested in getting involved with editing.
2019 CALL FOR PAPERS
The Scarborough Review is accepting submissions on the theme of DISTANCE. We are looking for academic essays, reviews, non-fiction, micro fiction, and poetry that discuss, broaden, or challenge our undersatnding of DISTANCE.
Extended Deadline: November 3rd
Submission Guidelines and Details:
Distance is something that we all as human beings experience – geographical, social, cultural or in time. What’s your take on ‘distance’ and what it can mean?
We are looking for:
- Undergraduate academic papers related to 'distance' from the departments of English; Linguistics; Anthropology; Arts, Culture and Media Studies; Sociology; Philosophy; Historical and Cultural Studies
- Reviews of books or articles related to the theme 'distance'
- Other non-fiction pieces that discuss, broaden or challenge our understanding of 'distance'
- Microfiction of a maximum of 300 words that discusses, broadens or challenges our understanding of 'distance'
- Poetry that discusses, broadens or challenges our understanding of 'distance'
Please send your writing in a word document to: email@example.com
In the email, include your name, major/minors, year of study and a 1-2 sentence explanation of how you see that your piece relates to the theme 'distance.'
If you want to submit multiple texts, please send them as separate documents all attached to the same email.
We look forward to reading your work!