Are you passionate about literature but don’t feel you want to commit to a Major or Specialist program in the area? The Minor in English Literature offers students a flexible opportunity to build literary studies into their broader university program. Students can select from a wide array of courses to create a specific area of concentration within the Minor or to explore a range of literary topics and approaches. The critical reading and writing skills gained from a Minor in English Literature, meanwhile, will enrich any career path.
Requirements for the Minor Program in English Literature
- 4.0 credits in English are required. They should be selected as follows:
- ENGB03H3 Critical Thinking About Narrative
- ENGB04H3 Critical Thinking About Poetry
- ENGB05H3 Critical Writing about Literature
- 1.0 English credits at the C-level
- 1.5 additional credits in English.
For more details on program requirements, visit the UTSC Calendar. Questions about program requirements should be directed to the Program Supervisor, Professor Neal Dolan (email@example.com).
Interested in learning more about how our courses are structured and how you might develop your own path through your Minor in English Literature? Visit our Routes and Threads page